Sunday, September 9, 2012

Bookmarks XV: Purrfect Pet

Sentiments are almost always super-cheesy. I look at one on a sheet of stamps and think "Why is there not another image instead of this trite sentiment?" But when I see other people's finished work, they look good -- of course they're still just as cheesy, but somehow, on finished pieces, they work. I don't know how this transformation happens for the rest of you, but this time, for me, I think it was the glitter.

Click here to skip the rambling and go directly to the project and challenge list.

This week's Divas by Design challenge was Friendship. I was pretty stumped until, looking through DCWV's Pets matstack for something else, I happened across a piece of cardstock which seemed pretty set on loving its animal friends. That was pretty much all I needed to pull together a project.

I used the wonderful little yarn-ball stamp to do some color testing with inks from Color Box's Surf's Up, Wood Grain, and Rain Forest cat's eye queues. In other news, I should probably make a permanent reference instead of re-color-testing for each project.

I'm also following this week's Lawnscaping sketch challenge:

I turned the sketch sideways. For the vertical element, I used some washi (technically Recollections "crafting") tape. I did allow a few of the phrases on the paper to break the line, because I wanted to keep them intact for the friendship theme.

The tape line doesn't stand out much on the busy paper. Maybe all it is doing is highlighting the phrases that break it? Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the result, and I even like how the sentiment turned out! In that font, with that much glitter, it is owning the horribly cheesy pun, and I can respect that.

I'm entering this bookmark in the following challenges:

I'm also linking it up to DL.ART's 1000-post Linky Party.

Supplies: (I can't find the tape to list it in the widget, but it is Recollections crafting tape from Michael's)

5 comments:

  1. Great card, love your embossing

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this fab bookmark with us at Divas! Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bookmark - I love the fab colours
    Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh whata cute little kitty and fab papers
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping
    xx Tamara

    ReplyDelete