Sunday, September 16, 2012

Bookmarks XX: Primary Knight

I'm a little too tired to weave a narrative of challenge inspiration, which anyway is always "look for several challenges that can go together and do them", so I'm just going to list the challenges I'm entering up front.

I'm entering this bookmark in the following challenges:

I'm also linking it up to DL.ART's 1000-post Linky Party.

At this point you know I've made a bookmark with a colorful knight and dragon. Also, the dragon has wings. They're likely childish in style.

The picture seems a little anticlimactic.

It's bright and cheerful, although the composition could have been better. At the very least I could have placed the rear of the horse off the edge, mirroring the way the dragon is positioned. Still: bright and cheerful. Rainbow colors may not exactly stretch my boundaries but darn it they feel good. Look at this bookmark. Look at this selection of inspiration photos from Art Impressions. Tell me you don't feel like your day is a little more cheerful.

Once I called the bookmark "Primary Knight" I began to wonder whether the knight is fighting the dragon because it's a dragon, or because it's made up of secondary colors. Clearly he's already vanquished something purple.

Supplies: (white 110 lb. cardstock is Staples brand)

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation, thanks so much for sharing at Willow Sketchie this week.

    kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous and I love that dragon. So pleased you could share it with us over at Diva's by Design.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and fabulous card! Love the bright colors and coloring. Thanks for playing in the Ai color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Absolutely BEAUTIFUL creation! GREat JOB!
    Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.
    Good Luck!
    -Sony WSC DT
    sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute bookmark. The images ate fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
    Hugz,
    Christine Delightful Challenges Dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this bookmark! Great choice in colors ;) and very fun images! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally cuteness! Love the super fun card. Thanks so much for joining us at Ai challenge!

    ReplyDelete