Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bookmarks XXV: Wish Dragon

Last weekend a friend of mine came over to do some crafting. As she was looking through my stack of bookmarks, she saw that I had been using Lawn Fawn's Critters Ever After pretty heavily: dragons, dragons & unicorns, griffins, even the frog. She told me I couldn't use that set any more. And she loves dragons!

To be fair, she may have also found the rest of the background paper I made with the dragon and unicorn (for Backgrounds Ever After), and that's a lot of dragon and unicorn to come across as you're rummaging through the paper box.

So when I saw this week's challenge at Totally Papercrafts was to "use your favorite stamp", I figured that the dragon was a pretty good choice. I'm not really sure what stamp is my favorite, but the evidence suggests this one ranks pretty high!

A few other challenges in my stack suggested elegance: Cupcake Craft's Script and Gold challenge and, of course, this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge, Black and White Plus One. Black and white and gold with some script sounds pretty elegant, right?

Well, I think the design of the bookmark did okay at elegant, but I'm afraid the implementation did not live up to it. "Look at all my stray embossing powder" is not elegant. Oh well, at least the dragon is looking good.

I have got to stop giving in to the urge to cut around stamped images. My poor shoulder needs a break.

I'm entering this bookmarks in these challenges:

Supplies: (white 110lb. cardstock is from Staples, which has no picture that the linky widget will accept)

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I think you should keep your little dragon, you use him well. Love this background and the colors. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, how cool! That silver embossing looks gorgeous with the black and white! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love that little dragon! That silver embossing looks great! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bookmark...and I think dragons are cute, especially this one...so keep using him :)Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dragon card! Love your use of the script & gold. Thanks for joining u at Cupcake. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was definitely the combination of ink still left on the stamps and the multiple sheets of dragon and unicorn stamping :P This is gorgeous though! And I'm super excited for more crafting this afternoon :D

    ReplyDelete